Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My Best Friend

This is Little Prince:

He makes the greatest faces. He likes to clean. His hugs are divine. He reasons with ironproof logic ("because I want to watch a movie, Mom.") And we have an identical sense of humor.

He is a jumble of all the best parts of me.

An "I Love LP" moment today:

Snuggling together with his 1-year-old scrapbook in my lap, I told background stories of the exotic locales in the pictures - Rio de Janeiro, Buenos Aires, etc. - and he commented that he "wanted to see those places."

"But you already have seen them, silly boy."

Beat.

"But Mom - I want to go when I have words in my mouth."

I'm still giggling.

8 comments:

Kristina P. said...

He's a cutie! Does your whole family speak Portuguese?

Mommadj5 said...

Awwww.....and I know exactly what he means! Can hardly wait to see everybody!

Brooke said...

I love it when my kids say things like that! Glad you could have a happy giggle today!

That Girl said...

Yuppity-yuppers. We all speak fluently. Never thought I'd be so smart.

Erin said...

That is a great face he is making. Cute!

*MARY* said...

words in my mouth, hahaha! Too cute.

lizzy-loo said...

can't they just make you smile with the things they say? i wish i spoke fluently. the brasilians were always nice to me though and patient with my awful verb conjugations.

Harmony said...

I can't wait to get to know your little boys when you move back! They seem so incredible. I can FEEL the joy they give you.