Kind of not at all ready to go back. Going back means wrestling three boys by myself during church. Going back means visits, visits, visits and being a shoulder to cry on to dozens of people. Going back means not being completely understood and having no one to really talk to. Going back means WORK.
But let's look on the bright side. Wallowing never did anyone any good. (Or so they say.)
So. Why am I HAPPY to go back to Brazil? Yes. Concentrate on good things.
- The weather. Right now they are lovin' the sunshine during long, balmy summer days. I look forward to jumping in our pool. Every day. And floating. With my eyes closed.
- Friends. I've missed them terribly. I could do with a big Brazilian hug.
- The fruit. I will never be happy again. Once you've had Brazilian fruit, you can never go back.
- Running. The frigid cold air here rather cramps my exercise style. I have a hard time getting past the whole "freezing boogers" thing. It'll be nice to get back in my thang.
- Miracles. It is incredible having a front-row seat to the miracles taking place in our church congregration. The gospel truly - TRULY - changes people. I feel so awed and honored to witness it over and over again.
- MY HOUSE. I love my house. I wish I could airlift it back to the States with us. It will also be nice to NOT live out of a suitcase.
- The Young Women. I love those girls. I'm not their president anymore (did I mention that? I was released the week before flying out here), but I miss them desperately. I plan on having Guitar Hero jam sessions with them the minute I get back.
- My skin. And hair. Brazil does wonders for my skin and hair. They're actually rather attractive there. Here? BLECH.
- Being just us again. I LOVE being with family 24/7. But it's also nice to do our own thing. The kids' routine is totally screwed up. Not to mention our house rules (i.e. only a couple movies a week, limited sugar, strict nap and bedtimes) are KAPUT here.
- My stuff. I rather miss my hobbies. Here we're always running around from activity to activity. It'll be nice for some down time - quiet afternoons scrapbooking or quilting.
So. Yes. Ready to go home. (Do I sound convincing?)
Also. I still don't have the internet in Brazil. (It went out in November, remember? Yeah. Still down.) So I'll be AWOL for a while. Don't delete me from your Readers - I shall return!
Happy New Year everyone. Don't write anything interesting while I'm gone!