Thursday, August 28, 2008

Futebol Brasileiro

As previously mentioned, I got My Man tickets to a professional soccer game for his birthday. He. Loved. It. I can't believe we've been here this long and he JUST NOW WENT. Absurd.

I got three tickets so they could make a Boys Night Out of it. That's Adriano on the left and Adelmo-the-Giant on the right.


There were only 6,000 people there - 10% of full capactiy. It was a week-day game - less danger, less traffic. Brazilian games are infamous for being very rowdy and, um, scary, to be honest. Losing fans tend to get a tad grouchy. And drunk.

Still, My Man reports that those 6,000 made enough noise to fill the stadium. There was one group in particular that didn't sit down once - singing and chanting and banging on drums the entire time. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!


No comments: